Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Day 98: Bears!

NJ 23 to Pochuck Mtn Shelter- 14.1 miles

After having a wonderful continental breakfast and enjoying the room for just a little bit longer we split a taxi ride with Count and Lavender back to the trail. I was in a very low mood this morning. The thought of going back out into that crappy, cold weather was just tortuous to me. But after hiking 5 or 6 miles I started to find my groove again. Me and Tric ran into 2 Cubs and a momma black bear! It was part adorable, part scary, and part exciting. After that I hiked with a new friend named Iso until I came to a road crossing that led into Unionville. Since I knew Tric was still about 30 minutes behind me I decided to walk into town and get a slice of pizza. At the pizza parlor I had 2 slices and a root beer. I also ran into "our friends" and Turbo again. After eating I grabbed a coke for Tric and hurried back to meet her at the trailhead. She very much appreciated the coke. The next 5 miles of trail to the shelter was roadwalk, a big circle around a lake, and a very interesting boardwalk. After that we hiked part ways up Pochuck Mtn and found "our friends" again where we decided to camp with them for the night. 


Iso in the lead.
Roadwalker.
Walkill pond. 

The beginning of the boardwalk.






No comments:

Post a Comment