Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 29: Separation

2.4 miles: Tanyard Gap to Rich Mountain Lookout Tower Campsite.

Today was a very hard day. Me and Tric decided to go our separate ways. I didn't want to zero and she needed to be with her trail family. We had developed a strong bond in the short time that we were together. That's how it happens out here. Because your going through something so challenging anyone your with you develop bonds with much faster than in the real world. So after a tearful goodbye I got a hitch up to Tanyard Gap with a mother and daughter named Wendy and Violet. Violet was a very cute little girl, she put flowers on my pack so that I would remember her. After hiking a ways I found a nice campsite a few miles short of my goal and it had started raining so I set up camp. Although I was cozy and dry in my sleeping bag and tent I went to sleep feeling quite lonely. 

It was hard to not only part ways with Tric but also Jersey Girl, Dabs, Stacey, Hobo, Fireball, Frosty, Horse, Chesapeake and the rest of that very good group of people. I believe that on the trail you should follow the journey by reading the signs that are presented to you the best you can. That, and just following your intuition. This opens you up to all of the exciting adventures that can come your way. This choice was hard for me because all the signs and my feelings pointed to staying with them but my head told me to get back on the trail. Only time will tell if I have made a good decision.










No comments:

Post a Comment