Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Day 1: Welcome to the Green Tunnel

14.4 miles- Springer Mountain to Justus Creek.

It's not all beautiful vistas and butterflies though... It's also blisters. On the first day. I name him Fred. My shoes are sad shoes. 😬


Last night can be summed up in 2 words. Coyotes and Rain. Rained through the night and a little in the morning. Heard coyotes in the distance in the middle of the night. It was cloudy the rest of the day. I got about 5 minutes of sunshine at cooper gap. It has begun to rain again after I made camp. 
Met Green Tortuga today. Very experienced hiker. Runs a very cool website that can track how much you walked in a day and when you enter it into his site it shows where you would be on the PCT or Camino De Santiago. He's working on adding the AT now. Walking4fun.com Check it out!
Hurting tonight... I got out of shape since I hiked last so I'm off to bed! Goodnight everyone.


2 comments:

  1. No rain, no pain, no Maine! 😜 I was worried about those shoes, being so new and unbroken in. Oh well, it's not like you haven't been there before. You know how it is, they get worse, then they get better, then your feet are tough! LOL
    That's a really neat idea that website! Cool that gives you an idea of where you would be on the other trails.
    Hang tough bud and keep living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the plug! =) I haven't posted to my blog yet, but check it on March 23rd. That's when my post with you in it will get mentioned! *nodding*

    -- Green Tortuga

    ReplyDelete