Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day 12: Franklin, NC

Besides the Budget Inn incident, Franklin was a fun town. We stayed at the Microtel and visited both of the local outfitters who were both extremely nice to us. We did our laundry, took our showers, got our groceries, and drank a couple beers. My dad actually drove up from Florida to get me from here and take me home to be at my grandmothers funeral (see post: Family Emergency Update). So I drove home Wednesday while Ghost, Nine, and Shanna hiked onward. I have hopes to catch up to them again. 
While at home I bought and printed out my smokies permit:


The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the ONLY section of trail that a thru hiker has to pay to walk. This permit rule was just implemented last year. Most people are expecting more parks to follow suit with this practice.

Snacking at the Ingles grocery store in Franklin NC.


No comments:

Post a Comment