Saturday, March 14, 2015

Family Emergency

Unfortunately I had to get off the trail for about a week due to a family emergency. When I get back to the trail I'll start again at Neels gap where I left off and I'll post again as soon as I'm back. In the meantime I'll be making posts about a couple small changes to my load out, hiking tips, and gear reviews.

I'd like to thank Miss Janet and Baltimore Jack. Two of the most well known and loved Trail Angels on the trail. Thanks to Jack and Janet's quick help it shaved four hours off my commute back to home! Miss Janet drove me 2 hours south to Athens GA where my dad picked me up and drove me home from there. People like them and their willingness to help is what makes the AT such an amazing place! Once I spoke to Jack about what was going on within an hour I was on Miss Janet's van and on my way. Miss Janet simply operates on a donation based service and just loves to be around for the hikers. And Jack loves to help the new hikers with anything he can. At this time of the season he works at mountain crossings outfitter.

If anyone sees these amazing people on the trail, thank them on my behalf! 

I'd also like to thank the employees of Shokitini for giving me a wonderful place to hang out while in Athens and for treating me so warmly. Delicious sushi there if your ever in Athens, Ga.

Miss Janet
Baltimore Jack

4 comments:

  1. Thinking about the contribution your grandparents made in my life and keeping your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete