Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 13: Snow!!

12 miles: Winding Stair Gap to Wayah Shelter.

(Sorry no map picture as I am missing these couple pages lol)

Today I threw my first snowball!! I've seen snow once before but it melted when it hit the ground. Today was the first time I've seen snow all over the ground all day long. Someone just checked the temperature now at 8:11 pm and its 28 degrees. The sun isn't all the way down yet either. It will probably get down into the teens I'm sure. 








Yesterday after I got picked up from the airport I wasn't able to make it to the trail until really late. So miss Janet let me sleep in her van. It was much nicer in that van than out on the trail last night! I hit the trail at about 1:30 and hiked almost straight to wayah shelter without stopping. Now I'm going to bundle into my sleeping bag and get toasty!! 

Goodnight!








5 comments:

  1. I checked when I got up at 5am this morning, it was 19 in Franklin so probably a tad colder at your elevation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you did 12 miles and didn't start until 1:30pm? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup😊 it was a good day. But colddd!

      Delete
  3. Maybe you should have had snowshoes? Stay warm
    ATCHAWK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My feet actually stayed totally dry! I do have a gore tex liner inside these boots... BUT they have 500 miles on them already and I think the waterproofness is pretty much half gone.

      Delete