Saturday, March 7, 2015

Gear Review: Cascade Mountain Tech Trekking Poles

Trekking poles at the Conner preserve in Land O lakes, FL.

I was fortunate enough to obtain a pair of trekking poles from the great people over at Cascade Mountain Tech. I received the carbon fiber quick lock cork handled poles. I must say these are fantastic poles and one of my favorite pieces of gear. I love them so much I had to go get a trekking pole tent! The model shown in the picture is coming in 2016.

Lets talk features:

  • Cork Handles that will shape to your hand over time and prevent blisters.
  • Quick lock snaps that make height adjustment reliable and easy.
  • Very comfortable wrist strap.
  • Lightweight Carbon fiber construction- under a pound for the pair.
  • Lots of accessories: tungsten carbide tip, snow and mud baskets, rubber cap for general hiking, and boot tips!
These poles have everything I have ever wanted in a pair of trekking poles! They definitely compete with the huge brands that sell a similar product for $100-$200.

Now the best part. The price.
Quick Lock Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles: $49.99
Twist Lock Carbon Fiber Trekking Poles: $39.99
And I have heard of even cheaper prices on these at some Costco's!
Google some other popular brands of trekking poles and you'll find that these prices can't be beat!

I definitely recommend this product. Great for the first timer as well as the experienced backpacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment