Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day 2: Rain Rain rain... And trail magic!

9.9 miles: Justus Creek to Lance creek.


This picture taken at preaching rock just about sums up the weather for the day. Google preaching rock, normally some amazing views can be had here. I am staying dry though thanks to my rain poncho from sea to summit. 


Fresh home cooked egg mc muffin at the trail Magic at woody gap! The people in Georgia are awesome. 😃 Trail magic is when people either leave goodies at the trailheads or set up and grill out fantastic meals for all the hikers that come by.

And now... The blister update. 
Got to lance creek and found this staining my sock:

Yes that's blood. My blister has started to bleed. It didn't hurt that bad today. I put moleskin on it to protect it with a few layers of duck tape over that and it was sort of a dull pain. I did not expect to find it bloody. I'll be in neels gap tomorrow and will probably try new insoles. I'll probably wait to see if these shoes break in by hiawassee on Friday. If not, then I'll explore the possibility of different shoes.

Other news... Ran into smokin bear from last years hike! Pretty cool to see a familiar face.

Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment