Monday, March 23, 2015

Day 8: Fog.

13 miles: Unicoi Gap to Deep Gap Shelter



Today was full of mishaps but a lot of fun. We woke from our beautiful sleep in a bed and took care of some extra errands.   After that we caught the eleven o'clock shuttle out to Unicoi Gap. When we arrived there was a local church grilling out and doing trail magic. Since we just got in from town we only grabbed a couple small things after being encouraged too. Then we set off for our goal: Deep Gap Shelter. From that point on the whole hike looked like this: 


This was not an easy day. We had 3 major uphills throughout it and we had a late start. The halfway point is the "swag of the blue ridge" whether this is a gap or what, I do not know. But it was fun making or best "swag" poses.


At camp I had the BEST meal so far...
Good to Go Thai Curry with hot chocolate coffee.


This curry easily rivaled any curries I've had in any restaraunt. It was amazing.
Order one for your next camping trip at go2outfitters.com.

At camp is when the mishaps began.. Ghost discovered his puffy down jacket was missing as was his headlamp. If you've ever shopped for down jackets you know their expensive so you know how bad that is. After that discovery I dropped the dirty water bag to my sawyer and it broke, leaving me with no way to filter water. We are 4 miles from dicks creek gap and the plan is to hitchhike into town early so ghost can see if his jacket is at the motel, I can buy a water bag for my filter, and Shanna can see if her new shoes are at the post office! Gonna be a hectic day!
Wish us luck! I'll keep you posted.

Goodnight!






No comments:

Post a Comment